Indore- India’s first city to use robot to control unruly traffic
- As per the recent survey of Government, Indore is the Cleanest city in India.
- Indore is the City in Madhya Pradesh.
International Day of Yoga: 21 June
The theme for the 2017 celebration, is ‘Yoga for Health.’
- The first International Day of Yoga was observed all over the world on 21 June 2015 in New Delhi.
- Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute becomes first recipient of PM’s yoga award The institute was established on January 19, 1975.
- The Institute is dedicated to Smt. Ramamani Iyengar, the wife of Yogacharya B.K.S. Iyengar
Punjab Announced Free Education . For Girls From Nursery To PhD
Reservation for women in Panchayati Raj Institutions and Urban Local Bodies has already been increased by the government from 33 per cent to 50 per cent. The CM also announced free Wi-FI for 13,000 primary schools and all 48 government colleges.
- Shri. VP Singh Badnore is the governor of Punjab.
- Takhni-Rehmapur Wildlife Sanctuary is situated in Punjab.
Hike Messenger partners with YES Bank to launch in-app Wallet
- Kavin Bharti Mittal is the founder and CEO of Hike Messenger.
- Mr. Rana Kapoor is the Managing Director & CEO of YES Bank.
- The Bank was founded in 2004.
- Yes Bank is Headquartered in Mumbai.
Qatar Airways is voted the World’s Best Airline in 2017
Qatar Airways was announced the World’s Best Airline at the SKYTRAX 2017 World Airline Awards. Qatar Airways was voted Best Airline by travelers across the world in the annual passenger survey.
The world’s Top 5 airlines are-
- Qatar Airways,
- Singapore Airlines,
- ANA All Nippon Airways,
- Cathay Pacific.
In historic first, UNICEF appoints Syrian refugee Muzoon Almellehan as Goodwill Ambassador
- UNICEF Headquarters in New York City, USA.
- It was founded in 1946.
- Anthony Lake became the sixth Executive Director of the UNICEF.
India re-nominates Justice Dalveer Bhandari for another term as ICJ judge
Justice Dalveer Bhandari has been nominated by India as its candidate for another nine-year term as judge of the International Court of Justice (ICJ), the principal judicial organ of the UN
- The ICJ was established in 1945.
- The ICJ headquarters in the Hague, Netherlands.
Uber Co-Founder Travis Kalanick Resigns as C.E.O.
Uber co-founder Travis Kalanick has resigned from his position as chief executive of the $68bn ride-hailing app following a tumultuous six months of scandal.
India and Portugal sign a historical agreement to promote Cooperation in the Field of Archives
A Protocol of Cooperation was signed between the National Archives of India and the Minister of Culture of the Portuguese Republic in the field of archives in Lisbon, Portugal. ii. As a first step under this agreement, the Torre do Tombo (National Archives of Portugal) handed over to the National Archives of India digital copies of 62 volumes of the collection known as ‘Moncoes do Reino’ (Monsoon correspondence). Important Takeaways-
- Mr. Raghvendra Singh is the Secretary to the Government of India and Director General of the National Archives of India.
- Nandini Singla is the Ambassador of India to Portugal.
Banking & Economic
Axis Bank, Kochi Metro launches India’s first single-wallet contactless, Open Loop Metro Card
Axis Bank, India’s third largest private sector bank in association with Kochi Metro Rail Corporation (KMRL) has launched KMRL Axis Bank ‘Kochi1’ Card, India’s first open loop EMV contactless metro card that would make travel a convenient and hassle free experience for commuters in Kochi.
- Shikha Sharma is the MD and CEO Axis Bank.
- Shri Rajiv Gauba is the Chairman of KMRL
Mumbai most expensive for expatriates in India: Mercer’s Survey
Mumbai is the most expensive city for expatriates in India and is ranked higher than major global cities such as Paris, Canberra, Seattle and Vienna. According to Mercer’s 23rd annual Cost of Living Survey, Mumbai is placed 57th on the list while New Delhi was placed at 99 Luanda, the capital of Angola, was the costliest city
- Luanda is the Capital of Angola.
- Mercer is the world’s largest human resources consulting firm, Headquartered in New York City.
Meghalaya Govt signs two MoUs with SBI for digital transaction
The state government will now escalate its transactions for the collection of tax and non-tax revenue through the online system – Government Receipt Accounting System (GRAS) covering all departments in a phased manner. This facility will be available through the gateway provided by SBI ePay under the MoU.
- Mukul Sangma is the present CM of Meghalaya.
- Banwarilal Purohit is the Governor of Meghalaya.
Appointments & Resign
Anil Kumble resigns as Head Coach of Indian Cricket team
Anil Kumble, the former Indian Captain, resigned from the post of Head Coach of the Indian Cricket team. His resignation came before the limited-overs tour of the West Indies team
Vladimir Voronkov appointed as Under-Secretary-General of UN Counter-Terrorism Office
United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres has appointed Vladimir Ivanovich Voronkov of the Russian Federation as Under-Secretary-General of the newly created United Nations Counter-Terrorism Office. The office was established under the General Assembly resolution 71/291 on 15 June 2017.
- 9th Secretary-General of United Nations is Antonio Guterres and its headquarter is in New York City, USA.
Manappuram Finance appoints Jeevandas Narayan as managing director of Manappuram Home Finance
Manappuram Finance has announced the appointment of Jeevandas Narayan as the Managing Director and Subhash Samant as CEO of its fully-owned home loans subsidiary, Manappuram Home Finance.
- Manappuram Finance headquarters in Thrissur Kerala.
- It was founded in 1949
Ayurveda specialist Rajesh Kotecha appointed special secretary in Ayush ministry
- Shripad Yasso Naik is the Minister of AYUSH.
Indian agri microbiologist Shrihari Chandraghatgi given environment award in Japan
Indian agricultural microbiologist Shrihari Chandraghatgi has been conferred the Ministry of Environment Award for 2017 in Japan for developing cutting edge technologies to address burning environmental problems.
- The Capital of Japan is Tokyo.
- The Currency of Japan is Japanese yen.
- Shinzo Abe is the Prime Minister of Japan.
Annabel Mehta awarded with the Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE)
Sachin Tendulkar’s mother-in-law and social activist Annabel Mehta, a British national, has been awarded the MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire) for her work and service to the underprivileged.
President of Vanuatu Baldwin Lonsdale dies aged 67
- The Capital of Vanuatu is Port Vila.
- Its Currency is Vanuatu Vatu.