Mumbai is second most crowded city in the world: WEF
Two Indian cities — Mumbai and Kota — have been named among the world’s most crowded in a list topped by Dhaka, according to World Economic Forum (WEF) citing UN-Habitat data. With a population density of 44,500 people per square kilometre, Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh, is the most crowded city on the planet, followed by India’s financial capital Mumbai, home to 31,700 people per square kilometre at the second place
- World Economic Forum (WEF) was established in 1971.
- WEF is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
- The Gateway of India is a monument built during the 20th century in Mumbai City of Maharashtra state in Western India
- Kota in Rajasthan with 12,100 people per square kilometre was ranked seventh
Uttar Pradesh Govt. launches JE vaccination drive in 38 districts
In Uttar Pradesh, a massive immunisation drive has been launched in 38 districts to eradicate Japanese Encephalitis (JE). Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched the drive from Kushinagar district. The government also launched a toll-free number to get or provide any information about encephalitis. The number is 18001805544. His several cabinet colleagues also participated in the launch programmes in different districts. Drive will be continued by June 11th, 2017.
- Ram Naik is Governor of Uttar Pradesh
- Dudhwa National Park is a national park in Uttar Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh is India’s most populous state.
- As per details from Census 2011, Uttar Pradesh has the population of 19.98 Crores.
- Mumbai is second most crowded city in the world: WEF
PM Modi inaugurates India’s longest bridge in Assam the world: WEF
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the country’s longest bridge – the Dhola-Sadia Bridge in Assam Mr Modi named the bridge after legendary singer Bhupen Hazarika. This three-lane, the 9.15-kilometre bridge has been built over the Brahmaputra river. It links Dhola to Sadia, both in Assam. The bridge will reduce the distance from Rupai on NH- 37 in Assam to Meka-Roing on NH-52 in Arunachal Pradesh by 165 KM.
- Banwarilal Purohit is Governor of Assam.
- Sarbananda Sonowal is Chief Minister of Assam.
- The Kamakhya Temple also Kamrup-Kamakhya is a Hindu temple dedicated to the mother goddess Kamakhya is in located in Kamakhya, Guwahati in Assam.
- Bhupen Hazarika was an Indian playback singer, lyricist, musician, singer, poet and film-maker from Assam.
Appointments & Resigns
US Senate confirms Indian-American Amul Thapar to key judicial post
The United States Senate has confirmed Indian-American Judge Amul Thapar to a key judicial position on the powerful US court of appeals.With this, 48-year-old Thapar will become the second South Asian judge to be on the US Circuit Court.
- Since 1976 the US Senate Historical Office has conducted interviews with senators and staff.
- Office of Senator is in Washington, D.C.
- Donald John Trump is the 45th and current President of the United States.
- The Federal Reserve System is the central banking system of the United States.
President receives book on PM Modi’s ‘Mann Ki Baat’
President Pranab Mukherjee has received the first copy of two books ‘Mann Ki Baat-A Speaker of Lok Sabha, Sumitra Mahajan formally released the books at a function in Rashtrapati Bhavan. The book Mann Ki Baat: A Social Revolution on Radio by Rajesh Jain – the themes, the choice of topics, the salient features.
The book Marching with a Billion- Analysing Narendra Modi’s Government at Mid-term written by eminent journalist Uday Mahurkar analyses the monumental changes that PM Narendra Modi has brought on multiple fronts as Prime Minister on India’s governance landscape by ushering in an unprecedented culture of transparency to create a level playing field.
- ‘Mann Ki Baat’ is a unique initiative of the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi to reach the masses across the country through the Radio.
- PM Modi’s Mann Ki Baat programme was first aired on October 03rd 2014.
Google India head Rajan Anandan appointed IAMAI chairman
Google’s vice-president for South East Asia and India, Rajan Anandan has been appointed the new chairman of Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI).
- The Internet & Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) is a not-for-profit industry body registered under the Societies Act, 1896.
- Founded in January 2004 by leading portals in India, IAMAI is the only specialised industry body in India representing the interests of online and mobile value added services industry