NTPC commissions 55 MW solar project at Bhadla
State-run power producer NTPC has commissioned 55 Mega Watt (MW) of Bhadla Solar Power Project in Rajasthan.
INLCU L51 commissioned into India Navy
Indian Navy inducts surveillance ship INLCU L51, the first of the eight ships of the Landing Craft Utility MK IV Class, was commissioned into the India Navy in Port Blair.
The commissioning of the ship adds a feather to the glorious chapter in the nation’s ‘Make in India’ initiatives and indigenisation efforts in the field of warship design and construction.
AAI, DRDO and Govt. of Jharkhand Signed a Tripartite MoU
The Airports Authority of India (AAI), the Defense Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Government of Jharkhand signed an MoU for the development of the Deoghar Airport in Deoghar district of Jharkhand.
Sima Kamil becomes first woman to lead a major Pakistani bank
United Bank Limited (UBL) has appointed Sima She will take charge on June 1, 2017 by replacing outgoing CEO Wajahat Hussain. She is the first woman to head a major commercial bank in Pakistan.
1st time India becomes Net Exporter of Electricity
As per Central Electricity Authority, the Designated Authority of Government of India for Cross Border Trade of Electricity, 1st time India has turned around from a net importer of electricity to Net Exporter of electricity.
During the current year 2016-17 (April 2016 to February 2017), India has exported around 5,798 Million Units to Nepal, Bangladesh and Myanmar which is 213 Million units more than the import of around 5,585 Million units from Bhutan
UN appoints David Beasley to head World Food Programme
United Nations Chief Antonio Guterres has appointed former South Carolina Governor David Beasley to head the Rome-based World Food Programme (WFP).
Paytm, The first e-commerce company to become ASCI member
The country’s fast-growing e-commerce industry Paytm is all set to become a member of the self-regulatory voluntary organization Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) from April, 2017.
The Alibaba-backed Paytm has also set up a new company named Paytm Financial Services, which will sell financial products like insurance and mutual funds to its .
Banking & Economic
SBI Card launched a unique credit card ‘SBI Card Unnati’
SBI Card launched a unique credit card ‘SBI Card Unnati’ targeted at all SBI customers, including Jan Dhan account-holders across the country. SBI customer with a balance of at least Rs 25,000 in his/her savings account with the bank would be eligible for the Unnati credit card without the need for any credit score or credit history.
CEO Of SBI :- Vijay Jasuja,
Men’s hockey World League Final 2017
The International Hockey Federation (FIH) confirmed Bhubaneswar as the venue for two of its major events the Men’s Hockey World League Final in December 2017 and the men’s World Cup in 2018.
The Kalinga Stadium in the Odisha capital was confirmed as host after the state government signed a deal with FIH to sponsor the two events.
Important :– Bhubaneswar to host hockey World League Final 2017
India’s off-spinner R Ashwin receives Sir Garfield Sobers trophy.
Ravichandran Ashwin become the third Indian received Garfield Sobers Trophy for being named the ICC Cricketer of the Year as well as the ICC Test Cricketer of the Year in Dharamsala, Himachal Pradesh.
- Ravichandran Ashwin received Garfield Sobers Trophy
- R Ashwin is the third Indian to receive this Trophy. Rahul Dravid was first (2004) and Sachin Tendulkar was second (2010)
- Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy is a cricket trophy awarded annually by the ICC to its chosen world player of the year
- The trophy is handcrafted by leading international crystal manufacturer Swarovski
- The trophy is named after former West Indies cricket captain Sir Garfield Sobers.
- South Carolina Governor David Beasley will head the Rome-based World Food Programme.
- He has replaced Etharin Cousin who has been WFP Executive Director since 2012
- Secretary-General of United Nations is Antonio Guterres
- IRDAI headquarter is in Hyderabad, Telangana
- IRDAI was established in 2002
- T S Vijayan is the chairman of IRDAI
- Karnataka bank headquarter is in Mangalore, Karnataka
- The bank was founded in 1924
- Karnataka bank CEO is Polali Jayarama Bhat.
- The bank is providing ‘PoS Manager’ mobile app to help merchants.
- Indian Navy inducts INLCU L51
- Chief of Naval staff (CNS) is Sunil Lanba the highest-ranking officer in the Indian Navy.
- Paytm is the first e-commerce company to become ASCI member
- Paytm is a 100% subsidiary of One97 Communications
- Paytm has set up a new company named Paytm Financial Services
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma is the founder and CEO of Paytm.
- India becomes Net Exporter of Electricity for the 1st time
- India has exported to Nepal, Bangladesh, Myanmar and Bhutan
- AAI, DRDO and Govt. of Jharkhand Signed a Tripartite MoU for the development of the Deoghar Airport in Jharkhand
- Minister of State for Civil Aviation is Sh. Jayant Sinha
- Chief Minister of Jharkhand is Sh. Raghubar Das.
- Bhubaneswar to host Men’s Hockey World League Final, 2017 and men’s World Cup in 2018
- FIH headquarter is in Switzerland and its President is Narendra Batra
- SBI launched ‘Unnati’ credit card for SBI customers
- Chairman of SBI is Mrs, Arundhati Bhattacharya and is headquartered in Mumbai
- Headquarter of SBI Card is in Gurugram and its CEO is Vijay Jasuja
- Piyush Goyal is Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy and Mines.
- Sima Kamil appointed as new president and CEO of United Bank Limited
- UBL headquarter is in Karachi, Pakistan
UBL bank was founded in 1959. [/show_more]