Mumbai Metro One ties up with Google Maps
Reliance Infrastructure-promoted Mumbai Metro One Private Limited (MMOPL)has partnered with Google to display its services in Google Maps application.
- Parent organization of google is Alphabet Inc.
- CEO of google is Sundar Pichai.
India successfully test-fires 1st all weather tracked-chassis QR-SAM India has successfully test-fired its first all weather tracked-chassis Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile (QR-SAM)from a mobile launcher at Integrated Test Range at Chandipur in Odisha.
- APJ Abdul Kalam Island in Odisha was previously called as Wheeler Island
- General Bipin Rawat is the 27th Chief of Army Staff of the Indian Army.
SEBI forms committee on corporate governance
Market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has set up a committee under the Chairmanship of Uday Kotak, Executive Vice Chairman and Managing Director of Kotak Mahindra Bank to help improve the standards of corporate governance of listed companies in India.
- Ajay Tyagi is the current Chairman of SEBI
- SEBI is Headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Kotak Mahendra Bank is Headquartered in Mumbai and it was founded in 2003.
world Environment Day: 5 June
World Environment Day (WED) celebrated on 5 june This year’s host country is Canada.
The theme for World Environment Day 2017 is “Connecting People to Nature”.
- The World Environment Day is an important part of Canada’s 150th birthday celebrations
- The WED is organized around the world by United Nations
- The WED was celebrated for the first time in 1974
- The host country for 2016 was Angola.
MGNREGA national Annual award
The Ministry of Rural Development has selected AP’s Vizianagaram district in Andhra Prades has one among the 17 districts across the nation for the MGNREGA annual award
- MGNREGA was set up on Feb 2, 2006 from district Anantapur in the state of Andhra Pradesh
- Coringa National Park is situated in Andhra Pradesh
- Nagarjunsagar-Srisailam (Tiger Reserve) is in AP.
Banking & Economic
India slips to 45th spot in International Institute for Management Development’s IMD’s World Competitiveness list
India has been ranked 45th,down four notches from last year, in terms of competitiveness in the annual rankings compiled by IMD which saw Hong Kong topping the list.
- Top three Ranked countries in the list are Hong Kong, Switzerland and Singapore
- The rank of India for 2016 was 41st
- The IMD World Competitiveness Center is a research group at International Institute for Management Development (IMD) business school in Switzerland
- It was formed in year 1989 by Prof. Stephane Garelli.
States agree to GST rollout from July 1
The GST (Goods and Services Tax) Council has cleared the pending rules, including transition provisions and returns, with all the States agreeing to the July 01st 2017 rollout of the tax. Transition rules have been cleared and everybody has agreed for a July 1 rollout,” according to Kerala Finance Minister Thomas Isaac.
The GST Council last month fitted over 1,200 goods and 500 services in the tax brackets of 5, 12, 18 and 28 per cent.Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has chaired the 15th meeting of the GST Council, which is scheduled to decide on the tax rate of six items, including gold, textiles and footwear.
- GST is one indirect tax for the whole nation, which will make India one unified common market.
- In 2003 the Kelkar Task Force on indirect tax had suggested a comprehensive Goods and Services Tax (GST) based on VAT principle.
TATA Projects launches initiative to promote green cover
TATA Projects has announced the launch of Green Thumb,an initiative to enhance the green cover. This new initiative of the infrastructure company coincides with World Environment Day (05th June)TATA Projects planted over 42,000 saplings across over 100 locations during 2016-17.
- TATA Projects headquarters in Hyderabad
- Vinayak Deshpande is the Managing Director of TATA Projects.
Real Madrid first to win back-to-back UEFA Champions League titles
Never in the history of the UEFA Champions League had a team won the title in consecutive seasons. That is until now —Real Madrid has done it. Now, they stand alone as the only team in the history of the competition to win back-to-back titles.Unsurprisingly, it was Cristiano Ronaldo who found himself at the centre of attention in both wins
B Sai Praneeth rallies to win Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold title
B Sai Praneeth has clinched the Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold badminton titleby defeating Indonesia’s Jonatan Christie in a closely-fought final in Bangkok.
- Bangkok is the Capital city of Thailand.
- Currency of Thailand is Thai baht.