TRAI launches three new apps (Mycall app, MySpeed app and ‘Do not disturb (DND 2.0)’ app.)
Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has recently launched three new apps to help customers rate quality of services, speed and performance.
- (TRAI) established 20th February 1997
- R.S.Sharma is the present Chairman of TRAI
- Head Office of TRAI is in New Delhi.
India’s first public bicycle sharing project launched in Mysuru
Chief Minister of Karnataka Siddaramaiah has recently launched India’s first public bicycle sharing (PBS) initiative ‘Trin Trin’in Mysuru. Mysuru is the first city in India to have a public bicycle sharing system.
- Vajubhai Rudabhai Vala is the present Governor of Karnataka
- Kempegowda International Airport is located in Karnataka
- Magod Falls are situated in Karnataka
EESL takes up first rural LED street lighting project in Andhra Pradesh
Energy Efficiency Services Ltd.has initiated a French Agency-funded project to retrofit 10 lakh conventional street lights with LED lights in Gram Panchayats of 7 districts in Andhra Pradesh.
- Saurabh Kumar is the Managing Director, EESL
- Andhra Pradesh was the first state to seek assistance from EESL to replace conventional street lighting with LED lighting in Visakhapatnam.
- EESL is registered under the companies Act, 1956 in 2009 and the commencement of business certificate is obtained in 2010.
- E. S. L. Narasimhan is the governor of Andhra Pradesh
- N Chandrababu Naidu is the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
Telangana launches single-woman pension scheme, first in India
Telangana government has recently launched the single-women pensions scheme across the state. Single women will be given Rs 1,000 per month. It is the first such scheme in India.
The government had also increased the Kalyana Laxmi and Shaadi Mubarak scheme amount from Rs50,116 to Rs75,116.
- Nagarjuna Sagar Srisailam Tiger Reserve is located in Telangana
- K. Chandrashekar Rao is the CM of Telangana and governor is E S L Narasimhan
- Pakhal Lake is situated in Telangana.
India has surpassed China to secure the top position among 30 developing countries on ease of doing business to top global retail index: GRDI
The GRDI was titled as ‘The Age of Focus’,ranks China in second place. Malaysia was in the th
- Top three countries in the list are India China and Malaysia
- The GRDI 2017 was titled as ‘The Age of Focus’
- The capital of Malaysia is in Kuala Lumpur.
Banking & Economic
Reserve Bank of India is observing June 5-9, 2017 as Financial Literacy Week across the country.
The Week will focus on four broad themes,
1. Know Your Customer (KYC),
2. Exercising Credit Discipline,
3. Grievance Redress
4. Going Digital.
- Shri B.P. Kanungo is the newly appointed Deputy Governor of RBI
‘Ministry of Utmost Happiness’ authored by Arundhati Roy launched
The book “The Ministry of Utmost Happiness”has been authored by Arundhati Roy, was released recently It is fiction-based novel and will be published by Hamish Hamilton UK and Penguin India.
- Roy became the first Indian woman to win the prestigious Booker Prize with her 1997 work.