India signs agreement with Sri Lanka for developing Railway sector
India signed an agreement to provide fresh assistance of 318 million US Dollar credit line to Sri Lanka for the development of the railway sector in the country.
- Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte is the capital of Sri Lanka
- Prime Minister of Sri Lanka is Ranil Wickramasinghe
Sher Bahadur Deuba elected Nepal’s 40th Prime Minister for the fourth time
Veteran Nepalese politician The Nepali Congress leader Sher Bahadur Deuba was elected as Nepal’s Prime Minister for the fourth time.
- The Central Bank of Nepal is called as Nepal Rashtra Bank (NRB)
- NRB was established in 1956 under the Nepal Rastra Bank Act 1955
- Dr. Chiranjibi Nepal is the present Governor of NRB
Nepal signs MoU with China for construction of Budhigandaki Hydropower Project
Nepal has signed a major deal with a China to develop a 1,200 MW Budhigandaki Hydroelectric Project, the biggest hydro project in the landlocked country.
- Gandaki River is Situated in Nepal
- Sher Bahadur Deuba is the newly appointed Prime Minister of Nepal
- Xi Jinping is the present President of China
- Renminbi is the currency of China.
Montenegro becomes NATO’s 29th member
Montenegro has officially joined North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and hence became the 29th member country of NATO.
- The Capital of Montenegro is Podgorica and its Currency is Euro
- The Current President of Montenegro is Filip Vujanovic
- The Current Prime Minister of Montenegro is Dusko Markovic
- Secretary-General of NATO is Jens Stoltenberg
- NATO Headquarters in Brussels, Belgium
Appointments & Resign
Hoshiar Singh appointed chief of copyrights office
Hoshiar Singh has been appointed as Registrar of Copyrights.The Office of Copyrights, under the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion,
- Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman is the Minister of State for the Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
Banking & Economic
Vijaya Bank set to develop 100 digital villages
Vijaya Bank is going to develop as many as 100 digital villages in various States of the country
- Vijaya Bank is a Public Sector Bank founded in 1931.
- It is Headquartered in Bengaluru.
- The Founder of the bank was Sri Attavara Balakrishna Shetty.
- Present MD & CEO of the Bank is Dr. Kishore Sansi.
India Signs Loan Agreement with the World Bank for the project “Assam Citizen Centric Service Delivery”
An agreement for International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) Credit of USD 39.2 Million from World Bank for the project ‘Assam Citizen Centric Service Delivery’was signed recently.
- The World Bank was Formed in July 1945
- It is Headquartered in Washington, D.C., U.S.A.
- Present President of the World Bank is Jim Yong Kim
- The capital of Assam is Dispur
- Sarbananda Sonowal is the CM of Assam and its Governor is Banwarilal Purohit.
- Kaziranga National Park is situated in Assam
- Bihu is the famous folk Dance of Assam.
Narendra Modi government to scrap UGC, AICTE soon with HEERA
The University Grants Commission (UGC)and All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) will soon be a thing of the past as the Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led government at the Centre is planning to replace the two education regulators with a new Higher Education Regulator.This is being done to bring one single education regulator named HEERA in place.Higher Education Empowerment Regulation Agency or HEERA is the name of the new proposed regulator.
- Prakash Javadekar the Cabinet Minister of Human Resource Development
- Chairperson of NITI ayog is Shri Narendra Modi
- Vice Chairperson of NITI Ayog is Arvind Panagariya.
- The National Institution for Transforming India, also called NITI Aayog, was formed via a resolution of the Union Cabinet on January 1, 2015.