Health Secretary inaugurates ‘Vatsalya – Maatri Amrit Kosh’, a National Human Milk Bank and Lactation Counselling Centre
Shri C K Mishra, Secretary(Health and Family Welfare) inaugurated the ‘Vatsalya – Maatri Amrit Kosh’, a National Human Milk Bank and Lactation Counselling Centre at the Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC) in New Delhi.It is established in collaboration with the Norwegian government, Oslo University and Norway-India Partnership Initiative (NIPI).
- J P Nadda is the present Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare
The Centre has approved the modifications to the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Karnataka Amendment) Bill 2017
The Centre has approved the modifications to the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Karnataka Amendment) Bill 2017to pave way for organizing‘kambala’ in the coming season,
- Kambala is the traditional slush track buffalo race in Karnataka
- Shri Siddaramaiah is the CM of Karnataka
- The Governor of Karnataka is Vajubhai Rudabhai Vala.
World Oceans Day clelebrated – 8 June
The overall theme for World Oceans Day 2017 is ‘Our Oceans, Our Future’.
MoU between India and Korea for export credit of USD 9 billion
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank)and Export-Import Bank of Korea (KEXIM) for export credit of USD 9 billion for infrastructural development in India and for the supply of goods and services as part of projects in third countries.
- EXIM Bank was established by the Government of India, commenced operations in 1982 under the Export-Import Bank of India Act, 1981
- David Rasquinha is the Current MD of EXIM Bank of India
- Headquarter of Export–Import Bank of Korea is in Seoul, South Korea.
Banking & Economic
Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO),summit Held in :- Kazakhstan
theme of “Future Energy”.
- Kazakhstan is a Country in Central Asia
- The Currency of Kazakhstan is Kazakhstani tenge
- The Capital of Kazakhstan is Astana
- Bakytzhan Sagintayev is the PM of Kazakhstan.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated a two-day national level conference on”Capacity Building of SDRF-2017″ in New Delhi.
- R K Pachnanda is the Director General of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF)
- NDRF comes under Ministry of Home Affairs Head Office of NDRF is in New Delhi.
Wedding ceremonies in Kerala are all set to become ‘green’
the state government coming out with a green protocol to make auspicious occasions more nature-friendly.
- Pinarayi Vijayan is the present Chief Minister of Kerala
- P.Sathasivam is the present Governor of Kerala
- Sasthamkotta Lake is situated in Kerala
- Onam is Kerala’s harvest festival
- Idukki Wildlife Sanctuary is in Kerala.
Appointments & Resign
K G Karmakar, Gauri Shankar appointed directors of IPPB
K G Karmakar and Gauri Shankar were appointed as Independent Directors of India Post Payments Bank (IPPB).
- For now, IPPB is offering Savings account up to a balance of Rs 1 Lakh, along with digitally enabled payments and remittance services of all kinds between individuals
- IPPB offers 3 distinct accounts- 1. Regular Account – Safal, 2. Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account (BSBDA) – Sugam, and 3. BSBDA Small – Saral.
- The Tagline of IPPB is Aapka bank, aapke dwaar.
- IPPB incorporated as a public limited company under the Department of Posts, Govt. of India on 17th August 2016.
Rohan Bopanna wins French Open mixed doubles title to clinch maiden Grand Slam
Indian tennis ace Rohan Bopanna and Canadian partner Gabriela Dabrowski produced a fighting performance to beat their German-Colombian opponents Anna-Lena Groenefeld and Robert Farah in the final to clinch their maiden French Open mixed doubles title in Paris, France
- Bhupathi won India’s first Grand Slam title in 1997 when he partnered Japan’s Rika Hiraki to claim the French Open.
- French Open 2017 is organized in Paris, France.