First International Aviation Security seminar organized by National Security Guard in Haryana
- NSG was founded in 1984
- It Headquarters in New Delhi
- Current Director General of 9NSG is Sudhir Pratap Singh
First Edition of WINGS 2017 – “Sab Uden, Sab Juden”- Expanding Regional Connectivity Hosted in New Delhi
The First edition of WINGS 2017 – “Sab Uden, Sab Juden”– Expanding Regional Connectivity was hosted in New Delhi by the Ministry of Civil Aviation. The Plenary session was chaired by the Union Minister of Civil Aviation, Shri P. Ashok Gajapathi Raju.
- India is one of the fastest growing aviation markets and currently the ninth largest civil aviation market in the world.
President launches 3 digital initiatives over e-education
President Pranab Mukherjee has launched digital initiatives – Swayam, Swayam Prabha and National Academic Depository – in New Delhi to push e-education in the country. The aim of the initiatives is to raise the Gross Enrollment Ratio in the higher education from 24.5 to 30 by 2020.
Massive Open Online Courses, Swayam will host courses taught in classrooms from Class 9th to post-graduation, which can be accessed by anyone, anywhere at any time.
iii. Swayam Prabha is the platform of 32 DTH channels devoted to telecasting high-quality educational programmes 24X7 using GSAT-15 satellite
National Academic Depository will facilitate online verification of certificates. All the courses are interactive and available free of cost
UNESCO declares Ahmedabad as world heritage city
Ahmedabad city has been declared as a World Heritage City at the 41st session of UNESCO’s world heritage committee being held at Krakow in Poland. Nomination of Ahmedabad was supported by close to 20 countries, including Turkey, Lebanon, Tunisia, Portugal, Peru and Kazakhstan.
Out of total287 world heritage citiesacross the globe, there were only two cities in the Indian subcontinent- Bhaktpur in Nepal and Galle in Sri Lanka.
- Ahmedabad is the city in the state of Gujarat. The Sabarmati River runs through its center.
- Vijay Rupani is the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
- UNESCO Headquarters based in Paris, France.
- Irina Bokova Director-general of the UNESCO.
- UNESCO stands for- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
Banking & Economic
Nepal SBI launches first paperless Banking services SBIINTOUCH
- The Capital of Nepal is Kathmandu
- The Prime Minister of Nepal is Sher Bahadur Deuba
- The Chairman of SBI is Smt. Arundhati Bhattacharya
Appointments & Resign
John Joseph to take charge as chief of GST intelligence agency
A key intelligence agency tasked with checking evasion of Goods and Services Tax (GST) has got its new chief. Senior bureaucrat John Joseph has been appointed Director General of Goods and Services Tax Intelligence (DG GSTI).
- GST council is headed by Finance Minister of India Mr. Arun Jaitley.
Danfoss India conferred with Golden Peacock environment management award
Climate and energy efficiency solutions company Danfoss India has been conferred with the ‘Golden Peacock Award’ for Environment Management.
The award was presented in Hyderabad during the 19th World Congress on Environment Management’ in the presence of Supreme Court Justice Kurien Joseph.
- Ravichandran Purushothaman is the present President of Danfoss India.
- Golden Peacock Awards, instituted by the Institute Of Directors (IOD), India in 1991, are now regarded as a benchmark of Corporate Excellence worldwide.
Atthaya Thitikul, 14, becomes youngest player to win on Ladies European Tour
Atthaya Thitikul, a 14-year-old amateur from Thailand has won on the Ladies European Tour, supplanting Lydia Ko as the youngest champion on the circuit. She clinched a two-stroke victory at the Ladies European Thailand Championship at Phoenix Country Club in Pattaya.
Mercedes’ Valtteri Bottas wins Austrian Grand Prix
Valtteri Bottas roared to the second victory of his career when he won the Austrian Grand Prix for Mercedes
Harinder Sandhu wins South Australian Open title
India’s Harinder Pal Sandhu beat Rhys Dowling of Australia in the final to lift South Australian Open squash title
- Dipika Pallikal was the Champion of 2016 South Australian Open title.
India tops medal tally for first time in Asian Athletics Championships history
competitions in Bhubaneshwar India clinched five gold, 1 silver, and 3 bronze.India pushed China to the second spot (20 Medals). China ended this edition with a tally of 8 gold, 7 silver, 5 bronze. Kazakhstan finished third (8 Medals) with 4 gold, 2 silver, 2 bronze while Iran ended on fourth with 4 gold and 1 bronze.
- This was the 22nd Edition of Asian Athletics Championships which was held in Odisha.
- OLLY was the Mascot of the Championship.